Wednesday, March 18, 2009

PA Wine Laws: A Disgrace!

I would love to order a case of very good CA wine, but because we live in taliban central, I can't get any winery to send wine into PA (or MD or DE, for that matter). What a joke!

Why is it that buying a case of beer is acceptable (and to whom is it acceptable) but buying a single bottle or a six-pack is not acceptable?

Is there any group that actually thinks that the PA booze laws make any sense at all or serve any purpose at all? 

I rarely buy booze, wine, and beer in PA; I drive over the border and get it there. Sometimes it boggles the mind that both parties talk about the invisible hand of the market and all that bullshit, and obviously this state needs more tax revenue, but they don't think about how much money they could make if they stopped their anti-market based little booze cartel.

Here's the reason I got so peeved: http://wi.shipcompliant.com/Home.aspx?SaleTypeID=1

Here's a toast from a bottle of wine that comes from a case I bought last summer for almost 400 bucks--tax money that's right in the MD coffers. Cheers!

No comments: